Assign modules on offcanvas module position to make them visible in the sidebar.

Our school

Almost half U.S. online sales are now made via a mobile device.14

Mobile commerce (customers using smartphones and tablet devices to shop online) is growing so rapidly Mobile Apps Top Mobile Webthat many retailers—small businesses as well as international enterprises—are now thinking “mobile first” for all of their online activity.


U.S. online retail sales were worth $341.7 billion in 201514 and, while total online sales grew by 14.6%, sales via a mobile device grew by 25%.15 Finally, 45% of people use their mobile device to make purchases.16


Having a mobile commerce capability is clearly no longer a nice-to-have—it’s a retail business necessity.

But, should you aim for the rich functionality of a dedicated, native app or are you better off building a really great, mobile-optimized website?

The data can seem contradictory. In recent research, Flurry Analytics found that of the time people spent on their mobile devices, only 10% is spent using the web browser; the other 90% is spent within apps.17

14 Internet Retailer, “The Global 1000: The reinvention of global e-retail,” by Stefany Zaroban, August 2, 2016.
15 Internet Retailer, “U.S. e-commerce grows 14.6% in 2015,” by Stefany Zaroban. February 17, 2016.
16 eMarketer, “Most Digital Buyers Will Make Purchases via a Smartphone by 2017.” February 16, 2016.
17 Yahoo Flurry Analytics, “Seven years into the mobile revolution: Content is King… again.” August 26, 2015.

Gallery

This album doesn't contain any items

Back to top